Do you have a mobile marketing plan or is mobile marketing one of those ‘fad’ ideas you’ve heard about but not got around to?
In the last year Apple’s iPhone has doubled it’s market share from 13 to 28%? Almost 60% of mobile phone usage involves social networking and a further 15% involves search and downloads. So if your digital marketing strategy includes social media or offering downloadable materials then not including mobile in your marketing strategy will seriously hinder its effectiveness.
Here are a few ideas for you to consider:
- with 60% of mobile phone use being on social networks this provides a great platform on which to advertise your products. Check out the social platforms demographics to ensure you are reaching your ideal prospect base
- If you are advertising test how it will look on different phones (Android and iPhone) just as you would when building and testing a new website on different browsers
- Keep your content concise, use eye-catching headlines and get your call to action in early as mobile usage can often be on the move and between activities so getting your prospect to take early action is key to success
- Take into account the size of mobile keypads by making sure your prospect has to take the minimum number of clicks to reach your content and if filling out their details is required then keep the fields to a minimum, name and email address is sufficient unless your plan involves a follow-up call
- Give away free materials. Free e-books, white papers etc are sought after and ‘free’ is definitely what’s expected by today’s web savvy customers
- Make sure any maps you post are mobile friendly and include click to call phone numbers for ease of contact
- Mobile phone marketing enjoys the benefit of knowing where your prospects are at any onetime so location-based marketing is an effective option. Services such as Foursquare can be used to offer targeted discounts/offers to prospects within a geographic location
- Ensure you let users give feedback to help you tweak your campaigns/content and make sure you listen to and action their comments. This will build loyalty
The growth in mobile phone usage makes it a must to incorporate mobile marketing as part of your overall marketing plan. For more information and help with your mobile marketing efforts contact us on 01342 844385.